Expert Cancer Care
Is One Call Away, Appointments In As Little As 24 Hrs.
Breast cancer occurs when the tissues inside the breast starts growing and divide in breast in uncontrollable manner. Almost 1 in 8 women are diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant cells form the tissues of the breast. These cells tend to grow and divide rapidly giving them a cancer form.
Our main aim is to preservation, i.e., to preserve the natural look of women’s breast and to save lives. Breast preservation involves lumpectomy procedure. However, breast preservation has some limitations. It is limited to the patient having only one cancer in the breast and the cancer should also not be too big. Below are the details of various procedures and surgeries that are used for the treatment of breast cancer.
However, in some case if the breast is removed or the part of the breast is removed, then it is reconstructed again through reconstruction surgery. Reconstruction surgery is a plastic surgery used to restore the shape of the breast. Through this the breast size and shape doesn’t get affected.
Symptoms of Breast Cancer
Signs and symptoms of breast cancer may include:
- A breast lump or thickening that feels different from the surrounding tissue.
- Change in the size, shape and appearance of the breast
- Changes in the skin of breast.
- Peeling or scaling of the skin area on the breast surrounding the nipple area.
- Redness on the skin of breast.
Causes of Breast Cancer
- Breast cancer can be hereditary. If anyone in the family has already suffered from breast cancer then there are 5 to 10 percent chances of getting it.
- Women are more likely to have breast cancers
- Increasing age is the another factor of breast cancer.
- If the patient had previously done breast biopsy, then it increases the risk of breast cancer.
- If the patient had breast cancer in one breast, then there is a possibility of getting the cancer on second breast.
- Previous exposure to radiation therapy or treatment can also lead to breast cancer.
- Obesity is another reason for breast cancer.
- Having first child after 30 can increase the risk of breast cancer.
- High amount of alcohol consumption increase the risk of breast cancer.
Depending on these factors the surgery can be done to
- Remove as many cancer cells as possible
- To find whether the cancer has reached the lymph nodes and perform surgery according to that.
- Reconstruct the breast shape after the cancer is removed.
- Minimize the symptoms of advanced cancer.
Patient Can Trust Other Patient With More Impactful
Treating Doctor :
Dr. Jay Anam
Dr. Jay Anam Sir who performed CA Breast MRM surgery of my Mom.. I'm very grateful for your compassionate care & attention to my Mom throughout the treatment including your way of making her so comfortable, positive & strong enough during the treatment by your humble responses to all the queries. Also wanted to very much thank all the support team of Specialty Surgical Oncology (including Leena Ma'am & Sikandar Sir) for the best care
Treating Doctor :
Dr. Praveen Kammar
Dr.Praveen Kammar has been very patient in explaining diagnosis and plan of action. Fortunately our surgery, which was planned as Major surgery, could be avoided and all went out smoothly. Overall a good experience at SSO hospital and each member of the organization ensured utmost care and empathy is given to the patient. Hospital is clean and without clutter. Rooms are spacious and well maintained.
Let’s clear in detailed about your problems