Expert Cancer Care
Is One Call Away, Appointments In As Little As 24 Hrs.
Fallopian Tube Cancer is one of the rarest of all gynecological cancers. It is also known as tubal cancer. Fallopian Tube Cancer originated in the fallopian tubes and can spread at other parts of the body if untreated. Fallopian tubes are the tubes to which the ovaries are connected to it in the uterus.
Approximately about 1% of all the reproductive cancers in women starts in the fallopian tubes. This type of cancer does not show their symptoms at early stages. However there are some various symptoms that are visible in later stages or in some cases in early stages too.
Signs and Symptoms of Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- Difficulty in eating
- Feeling full even in shorter meals
- Urgent or frequent urination
- Upset stomach
- Back pain
- Pain during intercourse
- Constipation or irregular bowel movements
- Menstrual irregularities
- Swelling in abdomen
- Vaginal discharge
Causes of Fallopian Tube Cancer
- The women with an older age are prone to get the cancer
- Women who has never given birth or has suffered from infertility
- Women who has suffered from long-term inflammation of fallopian tubes.
Diagnosis of Fallopian Tube Cancer
Pelvic Exam: This is a test in which the doctor examines the uterus, vagina, ovaries, fallopian tube, bladder and rectum of the patient to find its abnormality.
CA125 Test: It is a blood test that checks for the blood protein, CA125. It is recognized as tumor alert as in most cases, women having gynecological cancers such as fallopian tube cancers have increased levels of CA125. However, it is not necessary that increased level of CA125 means the woman is having cancer. It is a part of the diagnosis to check the levels.
CT Scan: CT Scan is done for the diagnosis of cancer.
Ultrasound: An ultrasound of the pelvic region can be performed.
Treatment of Fallopian Tube Cancer
Treatment of the cancer involves surgery, followed by chemotherapy. Therapy depends on the factors like age of the patient, stage of the cancer and the fact of desire to have children.
Surgery includes various types depending upon the type and stage of tumor as follows:
- Salpingo – oophorectomy: In this surgery ovaries and fallopian tubes are removed. When both ovaries and fallopian tubes are removed it is known as bilateral salpingo – oophorectomy. If one ovary and fallopian tube is removed it is called unilateral salpingo – oophorectomy.
- Hysterectomy: In this surgery uterus and sometimes cervix is removed. If only uterus is removed, it is called partial hysterectomy. If both uterus and cervix are removed it is called Total Hysterectomy.
- Lymph node dissection: In this surgery lymph nodes present in the pelvic region might be removed.
- Omentectomy: In this surgery, thin tissue that covers the stomach and large intestine is removed.
In some cases, chemotherapy is recommended post surgery as the follow-up treatment. In chemotherapy certain medicines are used to kill the cancer cells. This medicines are given orally or via IV in veins.
Patient Can Trust Other Patient With More Impactful
Treating Doctor :
Dr. Jay Anam
Dr. Jay Anam Sir who performed CA Breast MRM surgery of my Mom.. I'm very grateful for your compassionate care & attention to my Mom throughout the treatment including your way of making her so comfortable, positive & strong enough during the treatment by your humble responses to all the queries. Also wanted to very much thank all the support team of Specialty Surgical Oncology (including Leena Ma'am & Sikandar Sir) for the best care
Treating Doctor :
Dr. Praveen Kammar
Dr.Praveen Kammar has been very patient in explaining diagnosis and plan of action. Fortunately our surgery, which was planned as Major surgery, could be avoided and all went out smoothly. Overall a good experience at SSO hospital and each member of the organization ensured utmost care and empathy is given to the patient. Hospital is clean and without clutter. Rooms are spacious and well maintained.
Let’s clear in detailed about your problems